The Youth Tour application deadline is quickly approaching. Do you know a high school sophmore or junior (must be a CCEC member and a junior or senior in high school in the fall of 2012) that is interested in winning a trip to Washington D.C.? All they have to do to apply is write a short essay. Hurry! The deadline is January 24, 2012!
Here are the details for entering the contest:
• To enter the essay-writing/poster contest, you must be a junior or senior in high school in the fall of 2012.
• You and your parents or guardian must be served by Cass County Electric Cooperative.
• Poster can be any size. Essay is not to exceed two standard 8½ x 11″ typewritten, double-spaced pages. Poster or essay are to be created considering this topic:
“What would your day be like without electricity?”
• Submit your essay or poster in hard copy or electronic format to Cass County Electric. Electronic submissions should conform to the two-page, double-spaced guideline described above. Include a cover page with your name, date of birth, school and grade in 2011, parent or guardian’s name, address and telephone number.
• The deadline is Monday, Jan. 24, 2012. E-mailed entries should be directed to email@example.com, and hard-copy entries mailed to:
Youth Tour Essay Contest, Cass County Electric Cooperative, 3312 42nd St S, Suite 200, Fargo, ND 58104
If you have a question, contact Carrie Carney, Cass County Electric, at (701) 356-4534.
For more info on the Youth Tour visit http://www.youthtour.coop/.